The Great Wall - again ^^

Today I went there again - the number one essential place to visit while in Beijing. You guys probably think it gets boring with time, but I must say: Three's a charm, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time I was there, even thought the initial amazement is gone. It will always be a breathtaking view, and I won't be surprised if I find myself there yet another time before my time is up.

Photobucket
We took a kind of ski lift up to the wall. Mia clung to the handle, I clung to my iPhone.
Photobucket
Still a little scared, but definitely enjoying the view
Photobucket
I have been so lucky weatherwise every single time I was there, and today was no exception. Crisp autumn air and loads of sunlight made for a brilliant scene.
Photobucket
The wall climbs the mountains in such a weird way, there doesn't seem to be any plan to make it straight or economize in meters - but it does make an even more splendid view.
Photobucket
Lookie what we found!
Photobucket
Inside the watchtowers, sometimes a labyrinth. When I walked the wall with Jonas, he actually couldn't find the way up to me at one point.
Photobucket
Gorgeous
Photobucket
Getting tired
Photobucket
Yey! Wall Wanderer. As Mao Zedong said: You're not a great man unless you've walked the Great Wall!
Photobucket
Getting more tired and eating cookies
Photobucket
Ooops, more shopping possibilities?
Photobucket
... and we have a winner! Ms Tourist of the day
Photobucket
Photobucket


... oh and we took toboggan down. I was so scared I couldn't even get my phone up to take photographs, but it was AWESOME! 


For more pictures, go to my flickr photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment