Ever been to Tian'anmen Square on China's National day?

...  I have. And there were a lot of Chinese people there. I guess taking the subway perhaps wasn't such a great idea - changing subway took over 30 minutes inside the station and no wonder - according to Wikipedia over 5 million people take the subway every day in Beijing, and I somehow have the feeling that today was a tiny bit more crowded than usual ...

Photobucket
Going to Tian'anmen = waiting.

Photobucket
... and there were so many people at Tian'anmen there was no way we would even set feet on the square itself, so we watched from a distance as thousands of people floated by

Photobucket

And then I went for a walk back to the subway station. I had eaten dinner with Wang Xiaojie and her family, and no taxi would take a laowai, but the little walk turned out to be a nice one, in spite of the insane amount of people.

Photobucket
... and nice buildings, so it really wasn't that bad after all

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Back in the Subway station (or Hell, as I like to call it). I realized were all the Chinese people I never see around Haidian are - in the same carriage as myself today, of course.

Photobucket

Photobucket
... Oh, and the Chinese workforce have no safety net. Really, they don't. These window washers were hanging by ropes off a sky scraper.

Photobucket
Back home to the nicely painted man hole covers. Now time for a nap on the couch.

Eventful day. So much happened that I even forgot my newly purchased little Chinese flag at Xiao Wang's. Crap. I was so tired when I got home, I fell asleep on the couch. I usually do that in times of need, and I probably could've slept through the night if I didn't have to make ready for the world's most wonderful sister arriving tomorrow. God, I'm so looking forward to seeing her again! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment